Monday, June 22, 2009

My mortgage broker is very incompetent. She tries to shine me on about the process. This isn't my first rodeo, I realize that it was your procrastination that cost me that quarter of a point. Hag. Oh well, payment will still be about the same but I'll have some extra cash to do a few things with my room.

Anyway, just paid for the appraisal. Apparently one of the crackdowns was on appraisal policies so a third party has to be involved and the borrower pays for it directly instead of through the loan. It's probably best for those who abused the system, but it certainly seems to take longer to get the appraisal. And I'd better get my refinance money out so that I can pay the appraisal fee without dipping into savings.

On another note, I have spent my first money on the 2010 Europe trip; I purchased some Euros! I had the thought of giving Clementine 100 Euros for her 21st birthday this year and since she's going to Europe in August with a friend (talk about stealing my thunder), I decided to give it to her early so she'll have it for this trip instead of ours next years.

2 comments:

Folly Blaine said...

Wait, what did I miss? Refinancing?

We just went through the new appraisal thing too. Fun.

Lily said...

Finally, the appraisal was done Monday. About freakin' time. This has been dragging on since Memorial Day.