Monday, February 02, 2009

I don't know if I'll do another girls weekend. It was just for two in 2005 and 2006, we added a third for 2007 which was fine, skipped 2008 and now we're up to six people. Since I don't know one of them all that well, and don't like another one all that well, I'm feeling a little out of my element. A simple trip to the Melting Pot in Spokane has turned into a three room, two car, 6 women, three strong opinions nightmare. I got the "I'm done making decisions" response from one person (uuhh, yeah, all you've agreed to is the date). When I received an e-mail from her telling me that "Everyone is asking me questions about this weekend, “When are we leaving?” “When are we getting back?” “How many rooms are there?” “Who am I staying with?” “Where are we shopping on Sunday?” etc. etc. etc. Make it stop! ", I sent out the itinerary e-mail.

It was going to be a simple up, dinner, overnight, back trip. A couple of weeks ago, someone asked about shopping. Last week someone mentioned a movie. So I sent out the e-mail today, we're leaving at 2:00, so-and-so has the car that will fit all of us so she's driving, our dinner reservation is at 5:00, we'll go back to the hotel to change before the 9:30 movie, we'll do some shopping the next day and depart at 2:00 for the return home. Like all Girls Weekends, I will present everyone with a breakdown of their portion of the expenses when we get back.

Then I get, "my mom will want to return earlier so we'll drive up together. Two of the others want to go swimming and hot tub-ing so the movie is probably out."

Since she's the same one who wanted to go shopping, I guess that's out too and since the movie was in the evening, they probably wouldn't want to swim after all that food so that leaves the morning. I just sent out another e-mail: I'll drive the remaining four, we'll eat, go back to the hotel and swim in the morning and return after checkout/lunch or whatever.

I am so done. Instead of looking forward to this trip, I'm very much dreading it. I should've just driven over to Seattle for what this is going to cost me.

1 comment:

Folly Blaine said...

Hi. Yes. Seattle. Always an option. We've actually seen sun lately!