Monday, February 09, 2009

I picked up my taxes today. I didn't get enough money back for a trip to San Diego which is a little disappointing. I was looking forward to a vacation. However, the mini girls weekend this weekend felt like a little bit of a break. I was a little bored wandering around malls, but dinner and breakfast were good. Unfortunately, yesterday was a beautiful day here, I probably could have even gone to the driving range. Today is windy and threatening snow/rain.

I mailed a couple of Clementine's Valenukka packages. One of the items for her Valentine's package isn't being delivered to me until today so I told her it was going to be late, unless I sent several shipments, kind of a Hannukah, so she said yes, "Valenukka." I made up a logo with a six sided star (not really the Star of David) with a heart in the middle and have been sending her packages. The first one was a couple of boxes of Rice Krispie Treats cereal. It's pretty good, but it's not sold in stores. The next was instant chai mix and chocolate covered pretzels (the only edible kind -- Snyder's made with Hershey's), I made sure to instruct her not to eat them while watching "Mallrats." The next were valentines for her and her roommate, they come with temporary butterfly tattoos (I have Megan this weekend so I made sure to reserve some for us). The next is a small box of See's truffles. And the last will be the photo book I had made from our trip to Walt Disney World. On Friday, I'll add $20 to her school card that she can use at Chipotle. She and her roommate are both single and made plans to eat there and then rent movies and drink champagne on Valentine's.

No comments: